The Illinois Solar Tour, on Saturday, October 6th, 2012 is a FREE PUBLIC
OPEN HOUSE to demonstrate how home and business owners are utilizing
solar, wind, geothermal heat pumps, passive solar design, and energy
efficiency to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels and to be energy
You can visit any site at any time between 10 am and 3 pm. Homeowners or
ISEA Docents will be available at each site to provide information, share
experiences and answer questions. We suggest you dress for the weather as
most, if not all, activity will be occurring outside.
Attend the Solar Tour to:
• meet people who have renewable energy installations, learn why they did it,
the process, what they love about it and lessons learned.
• learn about the different technologies and see how they are installed
• hear about how different renewable energy technologies can work together
• discover that it is possible to live off-grid using renewable energy
• find out all of the ways you can use renewable energy to power your life
Attend the tour and get all of your
renewable energy questions answered!
REGISTER NOW for your chance to
win a Suntactics Solar Charger:
The Suntactics sCharger-5 is a powerful,
compact solar charger that can charge an
iPhone, iPod, Droids, eReaders, GPS,
and many other portable devices. It can
fully charge multiple devices throughout
the day, since there is no internal battery.
• Charges direct from the sun to your device at wall-rates
• Charge, talk, and surf at the same time
• Reliable and durable, Water and weather resistant
• Sleek compact folding design fits in purses or backpacks (closed 6.25"x7.75",
open 6.25" x 11.5")
• Standard USB "A" connector
• Use at outdoor events, camping, boating, fishing, hiking, and at the beach
• Great in emergencies!
Only attendees who have registered online and participate in the Solar Tour will be
entered to win. The winner will be chosen at random and shipped the prize by October